Technorati Tags: ,

Friday, October 09, 2009

Narjoy asks what the problem is with Obama's Health Care reforms?

I am by no means an expert on American politics, and I freely and cheerfully admit that I probably don't understand much of the major issues here.

I do know one thing though. We have had universal health care (Medicare) in Australia for as long as I can remember, and it is fantastic. I can only surmise that the American people are opposed to this wonderful initiative because they don't understand how it works.

For too long, our American cousins have actually had to PAY to visit their local GP for their coughs and colds. My mother recently passed away from ovarian cancer, and received the very best in palliative care in one of our leading palliative care hospices ON MEDICARE, making it so much easier on my father, as he was able to concentrate on what was important........caring for my mother. We as a family will be forever grateful for Medicare.

Perhaps someone would care to outline their opposition to universal health care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home